Edel Fox tune id

Re: Edel Fox tune id

The second is Rakish Paddy, taken from the Scottish tune Caber Feidh.

Posted by .

The first is the Collier’s Reel.

Posted by .

First tune is Do You Want Anymore(Colliers jig). Second tune is Colliers Reel.

That’s that cleared up then.

Posted by .

Yep, the "reels" part of the description is wrong. Manfid is correct, the first tune is the Colliers Jig. But what’s that third tune? The Peeler’s Jacket, maybe?

(If so, credit goes to Dr. Byan Duggan’s online app.)

that’s Dr. Bryan, sorry.

Doug…. check into www.folktunefinder.com maybe they will have it. You can see a keyboard there and type a bunch of the beginning notes in, if it’s on the web somewhere it should locate it. Then again, not everything is there!

The second reel sounds a bit like Come West along the Road, but it’s not. Instead, that’s probably a version of Ballina Lasses: https://thesession.org/tunes/5258

Sorry if I’m mistaken.

Thanks, slainte. In fairness to Dr Duggan’s excellent app: I did not play along with the clip, but walked away from the computer to get my fiddle, to try to ID it. I started out with Come West Along the Road, decided that wasn’t it, tried some others, and somehow got onto Peeler’s Jacket—which the app correctly identified, in spite of my playing. I should have double-checked it against the clip before posting. (At least the opening phrase is similar, if in a different key.) So once again—"pilot error." At least no lives were lost, or animals harmed.