The best Session in Ireland

The best Session in Ireland

In a recent post I ventured the opinion that Tig Coilii’s in Galway was probably the best session in Ireland. No doubt this suggestion will not go unchallenged.
So where is the best session in Ireland… and the best in Scotland, England or Wales. Or indeed any other part of the world?

Re: The best Session in Ireland

I will resist being the one to say.

The best session is the one you weren’t expecting, or didn’t plan, or expected to be cr@p but wasn’t! 🙂

The best session in Ireland is the one where your mind is most tuned in.
I speak mysteriously because in fact I know where the best session in Ireland really is, and because I like it that way I’M NOT TELLING ANYONE.

Posted by .

Re: The best Session

As usual last night Larry Adler spoke to me from beyond the grave in Klingon. And we discussed this subject. We agreed that there is no such thing as a perfect session. Every session is different. Even sessions at the same place vary from session to session depending on who’s turned up to play, the mood they are in, the punters, the weather, the amount of trouser changing, the quality of the beer/ wig glue that night et cetera et cetera…
If you visit an alleged fab sesh, you can bet your life you’ll go half way across the alpha quadrant (Catford) to only find it’s an unusually quite night or a roomful of bodhrans and six string devils.
This is what makes sessions so good; the complete randomness of them. That’s why there is so much passion about the etiquette. The etiquette is there to smooth out this exquisite and unpredictable randomness in quantity and quality.

What the hell kind of question is that anyway? Take your competitive session attitude and get off my lawn!

Sorry, but it really sickens me that everything involved in the music has to become a shagging competition. Even a bloody session.

http://www.besttradsession.com/

There. Tigh Coilii was the last winner before that thing fizzled out. So I guess it is the best session. Are you happy now?

a shagging competition!? Wow, where’s that on at?

Yeah, that occurred to me after posting 😉 Oh well…

Feckit, I thought you were serious man!

I was serious. Except about the shagging. But that’s a serious business too.

"except the shagging"…that’d be right. What a let-down!

I’d love to see a set of rules for shagging competitions, to make ‘em all fair, like. Oh, sorry, I forgot. We don’t have rules here do we…😀

well now, seein as you’re sticking your neck out - so to speak - you could always grace the pages here with a few that you might like to come up with.

Judging Criteria:

Adjudication criteria includes technical shagging aspects such as positions and tempo, etc. A portion of the scores is allocated to general presentation and most points are given for THE OVERALL STANDARD OF SHAGGING. Below are the guidelines given to the judges;

A) Physicality of Participants: A variety of bodies well toned creating the overall balance necessary in good session shagging. (15 marks)

B) Choice of background music: Marks will be given for overall raunchiness of programme (15 marks)

C) Arrangements: Sequence of positions within the programme layout i.e. various tempos, positions and dance routines. (15 marks)

D) Presentation: A strong shagging programme presented for the enjoyment of the shaggers themselves and an observing audience. (15 marks)

E) Overall standard of shagging: Most marks will be gained in this category. The standard will be assessed on balance, positions chosen, delivery and tempo. (40 marks)

Although diversity in shagging is appreciated, it should be noted that the emphasis for adjudication purposes is on traditional Irish shagging i.e. nothing your grandfather wouldn’t do to your grandmother. Variety in performance is also welcomed, including positions, toys and costumes. Excellence in performance will be awarded.

LOL

I think it should stay classy and be Olympic style. No Simon-like commentary on the shagging, just scores. Scoring scores. Just score the scoring.

To loosely quote from the song "The Scotsman",

"My friend, I don’t know where you’ve been, but I see you won first prize!"

Re: The best shaggin’ wig glue in Ireland and Cardassia…

In the olden times when our band went on tour it had more to do with a shagging competition than music. No wonder I gp to sessions and collect hotwiter bottles now!

Spelling!

gp= go
hotwiter= hotwiter

erm…!
hotwiter
bloody hell!

Shagging competition…with apologies to David Coleman

Is the winner the competitor who comes first?

Brian xx

…and you’re in trouble if you need a bodhran to help you keep time…

…and it’s best to have only one backer at any one time…

…and some people prefer slow ‘sets’…

The berst session in Ireland at the moment takes place in Ri Seisiun pub,Roosky,Co Roscommon…trust me its great…Friday nites/Sunday afternoons