Any festivals/fleadhs in ireland over easter period ?

Any festivals/fleadhs in ireland over easter period ?

Where’s the best place to head over Easter for ITM. Im badly in need of a good ITM fix after a long and miserable winter.
All considered…

Re: Any festivals/fleadhs in ireland over easter period ?

Kilcrohane is the only festy at this time, Haven’t been in a while, white house sessions were great! West Cork.

Of course, due to the laws made by religious bigots, the pubs will be closed on Fri. BTW, what’s good about it?

My God, My God… I’m among the heathen! Listen, if you just think for a second about what Our Lord did for us on that day, maybe you could find it in your heart to, for just one day, show a little gratitude and respect.

the thought that you are complaining about not getting to do what YOU want to do is contemptible

consider what Our Lord might have rather done on Good Friday and then get yourself to Mass

Rab,

As it would probably take a very long day for you to hit Kilcrohane I’d suggest hopping on the train to Dublin or popping up to Cushendall.

Stray, the pubs will be open in Limerick on Good Friday (at least those near the stadium).

Nate, please consider that many people who visit this site might not have a single religious bone in their bodies and might want to keep it that way (especially considering the numerous current scandals related to the Catholic Church).

Posted by .

Actually as a cultural but not a spiritual christian I think it is a poignant moment to realise that a highly charismatic, inspirational but yet delusional man was hung to death in just about the most bloody and barbaric way imaginable.

@ Bronstein: Please say what music is happening in Cushendall this weekend.

Right. That’s the lesson here. The evil empire. Same as Star Wars.

Hey, whatever happened to ‘…make a joyful noise unto the Lord…’ and all that? I thought the man was Jewish, not Calvinist. 😉

Jerry,

Johnny Joe’s in Cushendall for starters on Friday.

Posted by .

Ta.

Um, yeah, you are among the heathen.

So?

"consider what Our Lord might have rather done on Good Friday and then get yourself to Mass"
What? the guy that said this- (Matthew)
10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mark-
7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
Luke-
12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Doesnt sound like the kind of man I would wish to emulate or believe in.

Posted by .

I respect your beliefs, Nate, they are just not my beliefs. i do not believe in any gods, afterlifes etc etc so it would be difficult to respect someone who, at least in my opinion, is a perpetrated myth.
Indeed the pubs in Limerick are open, thank the stars for rugby! Won’t be botherin’ me anyway, I’m at work.

Theres a Sliabh Luchara festival in Kiskeam co.cork. it happens every easter for those who think Kilcrohane is the only one. its the Maurice O’Keeffe festival. one of the best festivals of the calander.

Posted by .

cheers cg.f, thats me, behind the times 🙂 how many years has it been running?

they dont have a web site or anything but its been going about 6 yrs i think…. Maurice himself is still alive and fiddling, if your into sliabh luachra music then you should check it out. it also runs into the neighbouring town or ballydesmond due to lack of pubs and that, but you’ll get all the SL heads knocking around, jackie daly, jimmy doyle and the likes, with some good ceilis happening too (obviously)….its a crazy little place but worth checking out…

Posted by .

God doesn’t exist. Prove otherwise. Full stop. Eejits.

cheers cg.f…. might make it this weekend depending on the weather. Not too far from us.

no bother, ill be playing guitar in the shamrock sat night if you want to say hello

Posted by .

hey cg.f what space is set aside for camping? if any…..

nice clips tacoman, good to see Jackie in Fine form at the end of clip 2… check out the bongo drummer!

id say you’d get someone that would kindly give you the back lawn or there is a local gaa field. you best bet would be to contact the festival organiser, but to my knowledge ive never seen anyone camping.

Posted by .

ok cheers..
. Ahem, the local GAA field 🙂 I dont think so… thanks anyhow.

Last year I camped behind the community hall in my van, and so did a couple of other people. I can’t remember if there’s any grass there but if so you could probably put up a tent without anyone objecting.

No grass? what did you smoke?

i cant believe none of ye mentioned the Roscommon Fleadh,the first of the year, in Ballaghadereen, for the first time since 1978. Anybody in the know realises that the Ros fleadh is a fiesta of great music and craic in the epicentre of the tradition,county Roscommon. i know its over a week ago, and in the past, but it WAS a great fleadh brimful of musicians and followers…YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!