Need name of Reel played by Joanie Madden

Need name of Reel played by Joanie Madden

I am planning to record an album but need the name of a reel played by Joanie Madden on Geantrai on Tg4 that I found on YouTube. It is the second reel played after the slow air. Anyone any ideas please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAyENIYI328

Posted by .

It’s not Emily’s. Joanie is playing a 2-part tune and the turn sounds quite different.

Re: Need name of Reel played by Joanie Madden

second reel in set is the old road to garry.
you could find good version of that tune on cd north wind, played by reverend gary hastings. marin

Hello Mr. Whislteman….

I have to say that all the above responses are correct! I heard and learned that tune from someone who was playing it all wrong!!

The jist is right, the tune was written by Paddy O’Brien, the fabulous accordion player from nenagh in County Galway and it is an attempt at the reel "The Old Road to Garry" (correct again maracirac) but I dropped the ball when I realized later on that the tune I played was incorrect.

If you are going to record the tune, get Paddy’s book (he played it in C) or possibly it’s online here, but it is 4 parts! Get it right, it deserves to be played so.

All the best and keep whistling,
Joanie Madden

Good God Joanie! Surely you don’t have time to wade through all the traffic on this board? Maybe you have a widget on your laptop which bleeps when your name appears on the mustard board? :-)

Looking forward to your next visit to Ardara

Posted by .