Am I in need of Help?…Fiddle

Am I in need of Help?…Fiddle

Just one line for example, ‘Job of Journeywork’ is a little hornpipe I have been playing with and every note can be played a million ways. I have been changing this tune around a dozen times in the past few weeks; just very small things like a slide into a note or a cut on a note etc. I don’t seem to have enough hours every day to practice what I want to practice and I just love practising! A practice session of 4 hours is not unusual…is it getting out of hand. Should I see a shrink or even a couple of them?

Do I need help?

Re: Am I in need of Help?…Fiddle

NO NO NO!!!! If it wasn’t for work/kids/wife/dogs I’d play music 24 7. I’ve always done this. If you have the time and you’re not putting off any important obligations keep going!

Four hours? Is that all?

Posted by .

Playing music and dissecting tunes like that is some of the best therapy there is.

I’m the same way. I often neglect my responsibilities and find myself literally fiddling (or guitaring, and lately, whistling) my life away. I even burn my supper for the sake of learning a new tune. My tombstone will read: She fiddled while supper burned.

I’ve said it before: this music is ruining my life 🙂

I have similar problems… I’m playing whistle when I should be studying, and my obsession with this wonderful music was a contributing factor to the demise of at least one of my past relationships.

I think you only really need to get worried if you find yourself sniffing wig glue and collecting hot water bottles.

Shylock, If you spend what time you don’t spend playing mucking about on internet music discussion boards, you are beyond hope!
😉

Shylock, I’m not sure you’re taking this hobby seriously 🙂

Wish I could spare that sort of time. Sighs….

Do you need Help? I dunno. Just who exactly is this Help person? I don’t think I know him/her.