Question for Jim and others..treble

Question for Jim and others..treble

Jim,
Your youtube videos show a treble but if you count the notes you are actually playing 4 notes, now when you play the Dingle Regatta, a nice 3-note trebel is needed and not a 4-note treble

When do you play one or the other?

regards

Shylock

Re: Question for Jim and others..treble

If it’s quick enough no-one will be counting, unless they run the waveform through an audio editor 🙂

You know You right about that Shylock -
I’ve been thinking about that — I’am trying 3 but when you count them sometimes I make 4 — lol… 2 or 4 is ok — As long as you run the Phrase’s — ie,, Giving to Peter and taking from Paul — As long as that sence of swing is in it - I’am Happy,, You can move the tune and note Value’s about in Irish Music — T. Peoples ”Triplet’s, Bow skakes,” etc - are like Multiples of ten— lol..
Thank’s for you Concern —- My Friend — jim,,

Shylock
I ment to say 3 or 4 is ok — As long as you run the Phrase’s — ie,, Giving to Peter and taking from Paul…… etc,,

jim,

Jim,

Would it be a 3 note job if you are replacing one note with a trebel and 4 notes if you replace two notes? If you listen to ‘The Dingle Regatta’ it needs 3 notes, but soem reels have a single ‘b’ and then a trebel making 4 in total? Or is this confusing the issue?

Great videos by the way Jim..I really like like your playing

Shylock

Shylock

< if you are replacing one note with a trebel and 4 notes if you replace two notes?> AHHH I’am baffled — lol..
I know very little about Musical Notation — just an ear player I am Afraid —
But if you on Facebook even better SKYPE — With Cam / Mic-
etc ,,, You could show me —-
jim,,

Jim,

That sounds great, I’ll contact you

Thanks

Bill