CommandoTrad #4

CommandoTrad #4

🙂 Here’s the latest CommandoTrad … # 4, which took place at UQAM (the University of Québec at Montréal). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhk-4gT738o

As well as being lots of fun, it was also a plea for the inclusion of traditional music in university music studies.

A Canadian documentary film-maker, André Gladu, plans to use some of the footage in his next film about the pleasures of urban life in Montréal.

Posted by .

Re: CommandoTrad #4

I’ve been watching this over and over - great stuff.

Looks like a ton of fun. Any Weedgie musos want to take over Central Station? 🙂

Lovely! (But I can imagine the delay in that space being nightmarish.)

Was Kerri Brown in that crowd? Right up her alley, I can imagine. 🙂

What fun! Surprised the local rent a cops didn’t have a nervous breakdown.

Beats muzak n’est-ce pas?

Posted by .

Yes, the delay *was* a bit of a problem - but it had been anticipated so we all did our best to keep together. Great editing helps, too 

A far as I know, Kerry hasn’t lived in Montréal for a while ..

The security guards were cool - (like Montréal cops at a hockey game )- ‘live and let live’ - more or less. Guess they liked it, too.

Posted by .

Ah, could we get security guards like that in London ?
Could we get musicians like that in London ? ( Capital cities get a little paranoid. )
Come on, folks, are we going to let the Canadians lead the world ?

"Come on, folks, are we going to let the Canadians lead
the world ?"

WE DO ? WOW. Oh, thank you

That suggests the idea of a "flash session". It would be better than
the mysterious public pillow fights we see around here.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command…

Yes, too many NHL games for me. Cheers to you Habs from a Bruins fan! 😛

Jigtime, I refer you back to a line in "The West Wing"…."….Canada has promised full support short of any action…."
Actually, I have a few relatives over there now.
There worst thing I found, coming via the USA from the UK, was I simply couldn’t cope with converting cash values twice - should have looked up the direct exchange rate from sterling.
Anyway, who’s for a CommandoTrad UK ?

Sorry SWFL. We have the Black Hawks

It’s our year, unless Bobby Orr comes back!

Me! But I am way far north of you, Pete.

Merci, Veronique, for organizing these events!
Kerri is in BC according to her Facebook news.

What a horrific-looking dump. It looks like a cross between a veal farm, Galway Cathedral and the Prince Bishops Centre multi-storey car park in Durham. How many people throw themselves off those landings every year?

Nicholas—

Certainly the place does not exist. It was clearly a computer-generated fake, along the lines of "Avatar."

Had the "people" in the video been actual, meat-space beings, at least one of them would have shouted out "Free Bird!"

Still, had the creators of this video included a heroic Mountie and a few grizzled fur trappers, I might well have been fooled by it.

We Don’t HAVE any fur trappers left, grizzled or otherwise. They’ve all starved to death, or found other occupations, since you EU types banned the fur trade. And as for heroic Mounties…

Doesn’t matter, you’ve still got OIL, you jammy so-and-sos..!

All else bows to that, n’est-ce pas?

oldstrings / nicholas—

Here’s why oily, trapperless Canada is A-OK in my book:

• I reckon most Mounties are heroic (except the one who tediously, needlessly lectured me at that drunk driving checkpoint just outside Banff last millennium).

• The Lake O’Hara / Lake MacArthur region in B.C. is the most beautiful place on earth. Only a fool would argue against it.

Help us to spread the word. Please send the link of mission 4 via mailing list,facebook,twitter!
By the way, the Commando Trad is québécois!
Hope to see a Commando in UK!
Le bedeau de l’enfer
co-founder

NPDECO, our national police force has a bad rep at present, partially due to arrogant unaccountability, and some incidents such as tasering to death a confused traveler for wielding an office stapler when approached by four officers; and shooting in the back of the head a young man who was in custody for being in possession of an open can of beer.
Hopefully there will be a major re-structuring to restore the RCMP to its former glory.

What Canada gave to Britain was the status (I don’t actually know if it’s authentic) of having the largest empire the world had ever seen.

This is because it included Canada, most of it a freakishly uninhabitable frozen morass populated by a few polar bears and the remains of Lord Franklin.

But the size beggared belief, and made for some incredible stats. And no-one else was going to be mad enough to go there and double-check them.

Talk about grade inflation!

(I ought to add - though I’ve never been, Canada has always struck me as a pretty OK place, as places go…)

Oldstrings-

"…us EU types"?

You need restrung.

as long as you don’t mean ‘strung up’, I can live with that.

Tres bien! What a great idea!

Actually Canada is not really that big, it’s just the Mercator projection that makes it look so big on the map.
And most people live within 50 miles of the US border.
But CommandoTrad remains superb.
Ou est CT Quinz ? Allez, allez !

zippy, we’ll let the Blackhawks slide, fair play to the "Original Six" and all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Six

Better them than some newfangled expansion team!

(Just seeing if I can bait Reverend or Jusa Nutter with some hockey trash talk. 😛)

GO HABS GO!

Sorry for the outburst, but it was slightly cathartic.

Hi ear drop,

> Had the "people" in the video been actual, meat-space beings, > at least one of them would have shouted out "Free Bird!"

I think someone did …. around 5:55 🙂

Okay, I’ve found a song and a novel entitled "Free Bird", but I’m none the wiser.

I think we need to do one in Toronto, possibly in conjunction with Doors Open and the Chris Langan weekend…

Posted by .