Tocane Saint Apre - anyone going?

Tocane Saint Apre - anyone going?

Instead of Willie Week we’re going to try Tocane Saint Apre - Seems to be a nice festival - Is anyone here going?

It’s the 20th year this year. Does it get very hot so instruments go out of tune? What was the festival like last year as regards sessions and atmosphere? How does it compare to Miltown? Is it an international crowd, or mostly French musicians that turn up?

What’s the food like? Are there safari excursions? Is it possible to skateboard?

Re: Tocane Saint Apre - anyone going?

You guys not in Miltown then? :(

I might be there, still hoping to get a lift.
Food much better the Ireland its france after all. But it is a small village and a smaller festival than miltown
Beer not so good
Wine very very good .
its hot hot hot during the day I would plan on 30+C most people sleep, hang around swim in the river to nearby towns villages .
Classes are very costly Mant people dont go there just go for sessions
sessions start in the evening and go on to the early hours when its much cooler
Mostly French people very intence sessions
Not sure about what you need for skateboarding
Did I mention it will be hot?

Hello Emily - we’ve left it too late it seems, expensive flights, should have booked in May, but have been dillying & dallying, Helena wants to check out France, I’m not too keen, but will give it a try although I’m worried about the food & craic & the language.

Thanks for the info bazouki Dave - so we don’t need to pack our gloves and balaclavas then? We’re just going for the sessions and skateboarding

Was hoping for tune with you. Maybe next year. Or pop across to Scotland at some point. 🙂

Also dont mention the football when you come over 😉