Raymond J Smyth

Raymond J Smyth

Has anyone any info on this producer? I have some Champions of Ireland CDs and not much information on the artists. They were released by Connoisseur Records , dublin. in 2009

Re: Raymond J Smyth

https://thesession.org/recordings/display/1816
The "Champion" series has been out longer than 2009. The above recording was posted here in 2005, but I have a 3-CD set, from "Connoisseur Records", which features the same players, which was released in 2002, according to the sleeve notes. The CDs were made in France. As well as the individual instrumentalists, there are group tracks by "The Dublin Ceili Band" and "The Ratheny Ceili Band". I wonder if the individuals are members of either of these 2 ceili bands. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the musicians recorded were quite young when these recordings were made.
I have no information about "Raymond J. Smyth" but one person who might know is harp-player Lynn Saoirse. She has posted a request here that she be credited as the player on the "Champions" harp CD. You could send her a personal message through this site.

Posted by .

Re: Raymond J Smyth

I’ve emaled her , thanks