joe burke

joe burke

When is Burkes New tutor cd coming out to the shops?

Re: joe burke

A tutor CD by Joe Burke?
Is there any?

Tell us more 🙂

Yeah.. i rang up custys about it but they didnt have it.. but he said it was relaesed at willie clancy 2010. its a book with 2 cd’s

It’s probably similar to getting the Maradonna book and CD for playing football, just don’t fool yourself that you will play like Maradonna after reading it… however I am interested to find out how Joe Burke describes what he does….. it will probably be something like pick the ball up in midfield go past eleven players and then toe poke the ball in the net…

Joe Burke and Maradonna…Plenty of similiarities!

Uh. John Forde, you just don’t get it.

Lucky you are if you can play your instrument well already, or if you have a master teacher, or great musicians who play the same instrument at your local session. That’s great. But there are people who do not have that.

When you’re, like, 2000-3000 km from a nearest decent button box player, your only teachers are tutor books and CDs. There are some for button box, but not too much - and that would be great if I can get one more.

‘i rang up custys about it but they didnt have it.. but he said it was relaesed at willie clancy 2010. its a book with 2 cd’s’

I don’t think it actually was. Certainly not during the traditional mass launch, Didn’t see it for sale and he (Burke) didn’t mention it during the Accordion. concert. And he would have if it had been available.

Posted .

I don’t know if it has been released yet but it is definitely on the way, i’ll find out pretty soon and post all the details…

breqwas, I’m not too sure you get it (I mean that in a nice way), and I’m not aware of a book that will explain what I’m trying to say…

For Joe burke it all started at the age of 6 months when he was tapping his rattle against the bars of his cot, I believe Maradona at the same age used to balance his dummy on his left foot and then volley it onto the bar, no book/CD can replace that.

Anyway I would love to see a duo of Joe Burke and Maradona playing the Bodhran with his left foot.

By the way breqwas I’ve heard your playing and I must say you pretty damn good for someone that’s only played the Box for just over a year, my advice to you would be to buy the Joe Burke CD/Book because technically he’s the best Box player, but don’t forget to search for the 6 month child within yourself.

I’m also learning the Box, many miles away from anyone that plays it, and I’ll definitely buy Joe Burke’s CD/Book, but there’s a strong risk that it only confuses matters..

I’ll just leave you with one drunken thought "Knowledge is a waste of good brain and it will ultimately suffocate your soul"

These thoughtful talks about soul aren’t much help when you’re out of fingers again and again when trying to learn a new tune.

Anyway, I’m sorry about going offtopic. Hope to see the book in some online shop soon.

I didn’t know Madonna played soccer, still the yanks think it’s a girls’ game.

Nah, we don’t t think it’s a girls game - most of us just don’t understand what the hell the judges are doing with those colored cards.

anyone managed to find somewhere to buy this book/cd yet?