CD Hunting

CD Hunting

i have just recently got a voucher to use on itunes and im wondering does anyone have any suggestions of cds to buy especially ones which have only been released recently. Thanks

Re: CD Hunting

John Mc Sherry “soma”

Edel Fox - Chords and Beryls - if you like concertina…

Willie Kelly & Mike Rafferty with Donal Clancy - ‘The New Broom’
Téada - ‘Ceol is Cuimhne’
Ceoltóirí Laighean - ‘Cnuas’
Goitse -‘Goitse’
At the Racket. ‘It’s Not Racket Science’.
Elvis Perkins - ‘Elvis Perkins in Dearland’. Not ITM but a great album
Bar Kokhba Sextet. ‘Lucifer. Book of Angels Vol. 10’. Again not ITM just brilliant music.

THe new Cherish the Ladies 25 year anniversary CD is really good if you are looking for really good, diverse tunes and instrumentations.

You can’t beat Joanie Madden. She also has an intersting new CD. Joanie, her father and several notables recorded at Charlie Lennon’s studio (I believe). Her father passed untimely shortly after the recording session. It is really excellent.

And one I bought just yesterday. Martin Hays and Dennis Cahill- Welcome Here Again.

Anything you can find by Alexi Murdoch, Bonnie Prince Billy or Alasdair Roberts.

The newest one from Catherine McEvoy, Caoimhín and Míchaél Ó‘Raghallaigh, ’Comb Your Hair and Curl It’ is great and is up on iTunes.

Indeed it is Jeff.

not sure about that itunes Walnut, but i bring a few copies (for anyone interested) of the following ‘friends’ CD’s down to a session in South London (‘The Vale’) every Sunday from 7pm :

* Brendan Ring’s ‘Troublesome Things’ (2001)
* Sean casey’s ‘The Porthole of the Kelp’ (2002)
* Aidan Burkes ‘Feel the Bow’ (2004)
* Peter Coughlan’s ‘Hungry Grass’ (2005)
* Kane O‘Rourkes ’The Jolly Tinker’ (2007)

might just catch you down there . . .

not sure about that itunes Walnut, but i bring a few copies (for anyone interested) of the following ‘friends’ CD’s down to a session in South London (‘The Vale’) every Sunday from 7pm :

* Brendan Ring’s ‘Troublesome Things’ (2001)
* Sean casey’s ‘The Porthole of the Kelp’ (2002)
* Aidan Burkes ‘Feel the Bow’ (2004)
* Peter Coughlan’s ‘Hungry Grass’ (2005)
* Kane O‘Rourkes ’The Jolly Tinker’ (2007)

might just catch you down there . . .

cheers guys for the suggestions…will try and track some of those down even if there not on itunes

Conal O’Grada’s CD: Cnoc Bui
Paloma Faith’s CD: Stone cold sober
Mick Coyne’s CD: Both sides of the Coyne
CD: Travellers and fellow travellers: keepers of the flame
Rainey Brother’s CD: The Raineys
http://www.irishmusicreview.com/raineys.htm