Good notation app for iPod?

Good notation app for iPod?

Hi all,

I’m currently in bed suffering with Labyrinthitis, which means I can’t really move but equally am going slowly mad with boredom. I thought I’d notate some Swedish harp music (as you do) and wondered if there’s anything for iPod that anyone knows of that can do abc or other notation. If not, it’s back to mk1 pen and manuscript.

Before you all complain, yes I know I should just play the stuff on the harp, but it’s a bit big to get into the bed!

Re: Good notation app for iPod?

What you want is Tunebook look for it in App Store

What does Wil Macaulay have developed for that?

Posted by .

Does anyone know any good chat up lines to get a harp into bed and give it a good plucking..

What is Labyrinthitis, is it anything to do with getting lost or losing one’s sense of direction…

Labyrinthitis is where one of the balance organs in the inner ear is irritated and there is then an imbalance between the signals sent to the brain from the irritated balance organ on one side and the normal balance organ on the other side. This imbalance causes the world around you to move in interesting ways whenever you move your head. In reality, it’s a bit like trying to walk while on a ship in a storm. Most uncomfortable and nauseating as well

Posted by .

People’s Pharmacy did a show recently on dizziness;
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2010/07/29/779-dealing-with-dizziness/
Nothing specific to Labyrinthitis discussed except to say,“get a proper diagnosis.” The physician, Dr. Kaylie, says it’s important to determine where in the ear or brain is the problem being caused. One website he recommends is … http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular-disorders/specific-disorders/labyrinthitisvest-neuritis.php
To bad you don’t have the easy one. They begin the program describing a form of episodic vertigo, Benign Positional Vertigo, in which the canaliths in the inner ear become displaced. For that there is an “Epley Manuveur” which is used to relocate the canaliths.

Posted by .

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the links. Found some fascinating iPod apps on the way, including MusicStudio, which has kept me amused while coping with my enforced bed-rest. The medical links were really great too - particularly the vestibular.org one, so thank you. What a great bunch of people you all are !!

Hi all, just an update that I am now out of bed (after a week!) and the dizziness is slowly subsiding each day. It made me realise how even as a musician, and conscious of the value of my ears, that the ears do a lot more than just allow sound to get in!

My dizziness was a result apparently of overdoing the physical work at my Internet TV weekend, having had an ear operation four weeks previously. Apparently I should have taken it easier than I did. Ho hum! Now, it’s just like walking around drunk but without the pleasantness!!