tune name anybody?

Re: tune name anybody?

Don’t know the classics flossie?

Miss Johnson’s

Posted .

Thought you were an entirely different Flossie altogether.

You may want to avoid confusion with the name on your membership there.

You’ ll find the tune on Mary Bergin’s first one (I see you play the whistle)

Posted .

Miss Johnson’s !! How could I forget? I must have heard it a hundred times at the session but still I just couldn’t find the name! That explains why I managed to pick it up fairly quickly I guess. I’ve got the Mary Bergin recording but she plays it in a different key and I think the one in the video is the one that gets played at the session.
Thanks for the help Prof

This flossie’s been “flossie” for a quite a while I think prof. Probably longer than t’other one.

You stick at it, flossie. You ever get over to the Eddie sesh? (You are in Liverpool, right?)

Getting ready for the commemoration of 90th are you? They were cleaning up the memorial this morning.

Posted .

Yes ethical I’m at the Eddy most Mondays. Have you ever joined us there? Last night was grand, although there was just four of us playing we had some great tunes and a few nice songs as well.
I’m off to Newcastle Upon Tyne tomorrow to visit my brother who has taken up fiddle since retiring last year. There’s a multitude of music to be had up there so should be a good few days 🙂