skype lessons concertina

skype lessons concertina

Does anyone know if there are any "Irish" anglo players teaching via Skype? thanks Doug

Re: skype lessons concertina

Hi! Please contact me via PM! I’ve taught Skype lessons in the past..

Aegon Lynch offered this on concertina.net. Go the forum for teaching and learning.

I teach as well over Skype, but I am not sure I have time in my schedule for any new students. If you’re in the US, contact Michael (above). He’s a good player, and very knowledgeable. I believe Aogan lives in Ireland, and time differences can make scheduling difficult.

Also, where do you live? I am a huge fan of Skype lessons, but some real-world exposure from time to time can be a great supplement.

Posted by .

I live in NYC and there is no one around that I can take lessons from. I am influenced by the playing of Edel Fox, Tim Collins, or Kate McNamara, and am looking for someone on that level. I am not familiar with Aegon Lynch, Alan Egan, or Davy Levine. Skype lessons would give me the chance to study with someone of that level without living in Ireland. Thanks for your help and suggestions. Doug

Aogán Lynch (the concertina player with Slide) and Alan Egan, former senior All-Ireland concertina champion are both every bit as good as the people you mentioned above and anyone learning would be lucky to get time from either of those players!

Insoluble Pancake,

That’s one of the best user names I have seen on this site. It’s right up there with someone who calls themselves (and posts infrequently) "under the toaster." Brilliant.