Collection of Cape Breton Tunes

Collection of Cape Breton Tunes

Large collection of Cape Breton tunes in 1 PDF file. All sources credited. PM with email if you want it.

Pat

Re: Collection of Cape Breton Tunes

Just sent you an email. Thanks!

Am I the only one who can’t find a way to PM on this site?? I’d love a copy (cboody at mchsi.com) if you wan to use this address or explain to me how one does a PM here.

Thanks.

OK color me stupid. Hiding my head in shame….. :(

email sent. Thanks

Ditto

Posted by .

And another ditto with thanks.

Posted by .

And another…..

Thanks,

Ron

Posted by .

I would love to receive this collection of tunes. What is PM and how do I do what I need to do to receive it?

Thanks for the pdf. Huge bunch of tunes - 85 pages or so. I reckon it’s always good to spread such things around as a way of preserving them.

Just now done the pm. Good of you to make it available, as Bredna says it’s a good way to preserve them. I just hope I’ll be able to bring them to life properly!

Re: Collection of Cape Breton Tunes: Paul Fackler’s Collection

In fact this just IS Paul Fackler’s collection of 201 Cape Breton fiddle music. (85 pages) It’s described on his site as "A collection of 201 tunes played in Cape Breton that I [i.e. Paul Fackler] have transcribed mostly from currently available recordings."
So as ed-boot already posted, if you want this collection there’s no need to PM anyone it’s here: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pfackler/Music/CBTunes.pdf
And (a useful addition) the table of Contents is here: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pfackler/Music/CBTunesContents.pdf

I’ve seen this collection in ABC, I assume Pat just converted it into a PDF tunebook with no sitgnificant editing.

The ABC is more useful for most purposes.