bloody addictive

bloody addictive

This trad is bloody addictive. Trying to play the fiddle has tortured me for about fifteen years and I still haven’t given up trying to play a half decent tune.

Should be a class A drug.

Re: bloody addictive

You tried to play it under the influence of a class A drug?

Posted .

ha!

oh yeah, this music is totally ruining my life. can’t get a thing done. I’m not even sure I want to anymore.

Hey - there’s much worse addictions around.

No kidding. Sometimes I pick up the fiddle as soon as I wake up and don’t stop until night-time, maybe taking a short break to eat, or usually i’ll eat still while playing.

My name is John and I am an…

Maybe not funny to any one who has struggled with Alcohol or escaped it’s hold. My apologies; sometimes I can be too flip

I also pick up my fiddle - or lately, bouzouki - first thing, before the coffee water has even boiled. I’d rather play than eat, or drink, or most anything else.

Yes, I think the *trying* is part of the addiction. If it starts sounding
half decent, maybe I’ll quit then

… that’s when the ‘quitting’ just begins

and often a lifetime to shake off

Look at it as the glue that holds the rest of life together.

On the other hand. Maybe life is the stuff the fills the gaps in the time spent on the Music

It’s (fiddle, bouzouki, friends, music) the love of my life, the thing that makes me glad to get out of bed in the morning and what makes me feel as though all is right and good with the world - a most sublime feeling of well-being - and when I’m not playing, it’s the happy place I go to in my thoughts to make the day go better - even just seeing my fiddle in its case is sometimes enough.

Better than any drug ever made.

"On the other hand. Maybe life is the stuff the fills the gaps in the time spent on the Music."

No, that would be duct tape.

All this escapism makes me sick. Maybe they should ban music and then people might do something about the f*cked up world.

Posted .

My name is Jim, And I’am on - ITM
lol..

jim,,,

nothing can be done, Michael, so might’s well just keep playing.

Re: bloody adhesive

Zippydw- the glue you refer to is it SyrupStik or Igloo Wig Gloo?
The Silver Spear- we always called it GAFFA tape.
But I’m addicted to hot water bottle collecting.

Llig

I think this is called ‘a slow news day’.

Silver spear. I thought duct tape was teh best way to tape bodhrans….. bad old joke in the digital age

Surely, that’s ‘gaffer tape’! Give the gaffers their due.

Posted by .

In university, I had to stop listening to trad while doing homework since I’d never get anything done! It would usually lead to me thinking, "Hey that’s a cool tune," grabbing my fiddle and spending the next hour playing along with the record.

>>In university, I had to stop listening to trad while doing homework

In university I almost didn’t *get* a degree because I didn’t do that… Took some serious denial in the last term to come out with something half decent… Had a roaring good time in a couple of bands though ;-)

Oh to have the time/cash/relocatability to try Newcastle Uni’s Trad degree course…

Ian

I guess for the time being trad keeps me sane. Wish I’d known about it at Uni!