Looking for out-of-print cassette

Looking for out-of-print cassette

CIC issued a cassette some years ago by a band called “Iorras Aithneach & Pádraig Mac Donncha”. The album was called “Bealach an tSoipín”. It’s on the CIC website but listed as “out-of-print”. As a person with a major interest in Pádraig’s banjo playing, I would really like to obtain this cassette, or a copy of the files on it. If anybody can help me in any way, I would very much appreciate it.

Paddy

Re: Looking for out-of-print cassette

Forgive my ignorance, but I am always on the look-out for interesting banjo players, and I am not familiar with this gent. What can you tell me about him?

Pádraig is from Ahascra just outside Ballinasloe. Doesnt play so much the last few years. Reckoned by many to be one of the finest banjo players in the tradition. Not a big lover of triplets or obvious ornamentation but his rhythm and his respect for the tune mark him out much like another great musician from the same side of Galway ,fiddler Conor Tully ,with whom he has played with a lot over the years.

Are you a computer, Annn123? You have a bug.

Posted by .

or has Big tab been hacked?

Think I’m ok..

Can’t help with the cassette, Paddy - let me know if you ever find it. Padraig was with a group from Galway at the Lorient festival one of the years I was there, in my “tape everything” days. I think I may have some of his playing on a cassette from then, and will have a look for it. He appears on 1 track with Messrs Carty and Tully on one of the “Come West Along The Road” compilations, possibly the very first which came out on VHS tape. He also had a memorable duet with Kevin Crawford on a live CD recording made in Co.Clare. He has been discussed here before. You probably know this, Paddy, but “JNE” maybe doesn’t.

Posted by .

Tune name: “The Stuttering Blogpost”.

Posted by .

Kenny.. I think Its Andrew Mac and Pat Marsh he plays with on the Peppers Cd although Kevin is very present on that album too.

He is the son of the late Sean Mac Donnacha the great sean nos singer

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. I appreciate the info provided and will be in touch with some of you.