XXXXX The Session As A Dating Agency XXXXXX

XXXXX The Session As A Dating Agency XXXXXX

Looking round at our local session there are about 20 regular players; of those half come as couples or have their spouse /partner join them at some point in the evening. It made me think that a session is a really good place to meet the person of your dreams ( or nightmares).
By the same token there may be a lot of ‘golf widows’ of the musical variety or relationships that may have succumbed to the temptations of drink, but overall it must be a great place to meet like minded people of the opposite sex.
I am considering approaching the ‘web meister’ with the suggestion that he could add to the Session menu, as well as Events, Tunes, Shop etc, something like ‘Take Your Partners, Doh See Doh’, as the portal title for the musical dating section of the Session website.
Then in the chat room we would be seeing things like.
‘As he played that B part, I came over all a quaver.’
or
’ My heart when off in triplets as soon as he walked in the door.’
There also one quote where ‘crotchets ’ come into it but it’s on the tip of my bow and I can’t quite think of it.
What do you think of the idea?

Re: XXXXX The Session As A Dating Agency XXXXXX

if you find yourself attracted to fat ugly old men, then you would be spoilt for choice at most of the sessions I go to.

seriously, sessions are full of fruitloops and dogs. ive met perhaps 5 people at sessions who i would let play on my twanger.

My pipes are flat now. Too many folk have tried to blow them.

When I was Younger { not yesterday } At the fleadh’s the musician’s played music and brought in all the Girl’s, The punter’s ran off with them,, while the Musicians where still playing tunes - lol..
Only the odd smooth talking Bodhran player was successful, because she wanted to try his Thing - ( Bodhran that is ) — lol…

jim,,,

Jim, could you do me just one small favour? Could you just stop using apostrophes? Ever? All these superfluous ones are giving me a headache.

[I mean this lovingly, and as a serious suggestion.]

Posted by .

the best bodhrans are those with 4 skins

Oh dear, the boredom associated with having to stay in because of the snow is driving me to new depths of puerility…..

Seeking lady player to fiddle with………………….

Count me in —-

Single, Dutch-Lithuanian, 73-years-YOUNG!! Male bodhran player wishes to meet slender fit over-21 Female Irish dancer/musician -
Must like spoons, hurdy-gurdys, Feet Of Flames, Celtics Ladies, Aly Bain doing bluegrass, Appalachian Clogging, piano accordians, and Coors Light.

"Jello and weed-whackers" a plus.

Now begins the waiting by the phone…

Posted by .

When I was Younger { not yesterday } At the fleadh’s the musician’s played music and brought in all the Girl’s, The punter’s ran off with them,, while the Musicians where still playing tunes - lol..
Only the odd smooth talking Bodhran player was successful, because she wanted to try his Thing - ( Bodhran that is ) — lol…

jim,,,

# Posted on December 18th 2010 by FIDDLE4

Correct

Only you didn’t call them "punters" Jim ๐Ÿ™‚
Equally bad was the musician turning up with a new non-ITM girlfriend. Musician disappeared into the midst of a hot session. New girlfriend got fed up being ignored and disappeared with a hot punter. Ah those were the days ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by .

Prediction: After seeing the comments on this thread, the webmaster will be completely convinced that opening a dating section on this website would be a complete disaster. He has enough problems with the discussions as it is,,,
(those commas were placed in solidarity with Fiddle4
๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck then Jim!

But honestly, just don’t use them. It’ll be cleaner at any rate, and more often right than wrong.

[in grudging solidarity ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]

Posted by .

seeing as I regard Jims apostrophe’s as cut’s,,, and hi’s comma’s as bowed triplet’s,,, I rather like them,,, ๐Ÿ™‚

aagh!

Posted by .

Hmmmmm…
..not sure sessions are dating agencies. Thinking of the regular set; two long-established couples, some people I couldn’t say for sure, one musician I’ve never seen his partner, one whose just getting over a divorce/separation….
…I think you have to find your partner outside the session and introduce them gradually, to see how they take it. I wouldn’t guarantee any matchmaking within the session at all.
Now, the local YHA group, the one I remember they used to say it stood for Your Husband Assured. Personally I lost my fiancee there, so much for the promises…..
Ah, well. Found another on the Underground instead.

I found mine in a Rambling Club.

if it’s sessions at fleadhs then yeah go for it ;) Coz they attract young musicians a lot :P

Hmm. Found my significant other on a caving trip. Bonus was that he played guitar; understands jig rhythm.

You can’t predict where you find the keepers.

Could you define the keepers a little more explicitly.

What? You want to use the site as a dating website? But it is full of utter fruit loops. I wouldn’t recommend it.

No - I didn’t mean that. I Ithought you used the word ‘Keepers’ in a poetic sense, and was just interested in your meaning. Perhaps I’m reading things that are not there.

Lady Chatterley had fun with her keeper!

And Nellie the Elephant !

"Found my significant other on a caving trip…"
Same here, except she lived in a disused mine.

Posted by .

No responses to my ad yet -
Are there no single young lasses out there into Coors and spoon players?

How sad, and yet —-

strangely comforting.

Posted by .

Nednog-
"keeper" as in one that you would keep by your side as a companion. However, on reflection, he has functioned in other keeperish sort of things. ๐Ÿ˜‰ NOT a sugar daddy, mind you. Ahem.

browndog

You have me sussed out !

jim,,, ; )

Betta keep dat Pekka Twang hid away ol buddy ol pal…..
She done gotta keepa weighs leest 220 who gwanna chain dem facia feechas fo ya! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

This thread has pulled the usual collection of off topic random dribblings you boring b@stards.
There is plenty of room for a mustard introduction page.
Here we go…
66 YO percussionist widower GSOH (VGSOH) seeks spunky young female fiddle player to make music and mayhem. Must be financially independent and have great rhythm.
Your shout girl!

Aargh!

[Just thought I’d scream again - I quite like the sound]

[I’ve been listening to Beefheart]

Posted by .

what’s with the five x’s. I always thought it was supposed to be four.

McKnowall, it’ll be tough to find a classy lady who will hang around with a cuss who starts the first sentence by calling people names.
Perhaps there could be a section for some shmooze coaching where folks can learn proper classy dating behavior, kinda like a Mustard Cotillion manners workshop.
It could a great benefit to the overall atmosphere worldwide . ๐Ÿ˜‰

[Tries to visualize a Mustard Cotillion]

[Fails}

Oh c’mon it’d be highly beneficial as well as entertaining. Imagine our surliest of Mustardahoovians dressed in evening gowns and tuxedoes stumbling over each other to exhibit only the finest of respectable behavior. The world would shift on its axis.

Lovely image, Boatpiper. Sort of like I imagine Civil Engineers behave - standing there in their hard hats, going "Oh, after you…I insist" etc…

I didn’t say anything about classy, but owning a pub would be acceptable.

Wonder if there’s a site where you can meet others obsessive about correct apostrophe use? ๐Ÿ™‚

I hate dressing up. The last time I had to wear my "monkey suit" (suit and tie) was when I got married many years ago. I refuse to "monkey" around again unless I absolutely have to.

Laurence