Name of a tune

Re: Name of a tune

If you can’t find a name for it, just call it “Hurry up, I want to go home”

Ce qui veut dire quoi ?

Bloody Hell, for a man who walked through life at a leisurely pace he were a fast one was that Johnny Doherty.

Spirits of wine

By the way, despite how it sounds, that is a fairly leaisurely pace - just under 116, which seems pretty slow to me for a bunch of reels. (That’s the speed of the last one - the ones before that were slower still.)

have you been counting notes again, I thought that was my job… it must be like putting your head outside the window, it always seems like you’re going faster…

I’ve been shouting “The cat on the mat” for the last 24 hours, so everything seems fast after that…

Yeah, I tried playing it at 78, but it didn’t seem to make any difference. 🙂

If you run away from a record player playing 33s at 78rpm and you maintain a constant speed of 28.7 mph it will sound normal… and while you’re running if you shout “Cat on the Mat, Cat on the Mat ….” everyone back at the record player will hear nothing because you’re too far away………

I’ve put a deliberate space here, in order for the reader to digest the complete and utter, scutter that I’ve just wrote…

and just to get this thread going, I don’t think the music was too fast, I just think it was bit too hurried….

Not scutter at all, Theirlandais. I found it fascinating. One of your more insightful comments, I felt.

[heh heh]

“Spirits of wine” ! Thanks a lot Ethical Blend !

You’re very welcome. I love that tune. BTW, Johnny Doherty played it a *lot* faster than that, IIRC.