cuts cuts cuts……grrrrrrrrrr

cuts cuts cuts……grrrrrrrrrr

The National Center for Excellence in Traditional Music in Plockton Scotland is threatened with closure due to spending cuts.
This would be a disaster for young traditional music in Scotland - there are so few opportunities in schools - yes there are the odd dedicated individuals here and there but to loose this place - unthinkable. Please consider signing this petition,

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/42495.html

Jeremy - I hope this plea for help is ok to post?
Thank you.
Bob.

Re: cuts cuts cuts……grrrrrrrrrr

Unfortunately clunk999 —

It all Cuts, My Advice… Become a Banker - lol.

jim,,,

Signed it already. It’s making the Facebook rounds. :)

Arts take the brunt of the cuts, as ever. :( It’s nice to know how valued they are.

Paraphrasing Mr. Holland’s quote, from "Mr. Holland’s Opus", discussing the cutting of his music program… "they’d never cut the football team. That would be the end of civilization as we know it."

How much say do the Scottish authorities have in where the cuts go?

It’s the Highland Council who is making this decision. I suppose the ideal protest would involve occupying their offices in Inverness and having a session, but Glasgow is more convenient.

Yeah - Football players bought and sold for Millions , Bank Bonuses, for those who have already 3 car’s, And a wee Newbie
Student taking Music at collage has to give it up ,, £££££££££

Something wrong with the system,, See…. Egypt !

lol- jim,,,

I clicked on this, thinking it was about ornamentation…

AlBrown
Very Good, LOL -
jim,,,

@AlBrown Well, these cuts are often associated with strikes too. And maybe things would even progress to rolling…..

Well.
It’s kind of up to us.
We elect governments to do this stuff for us, but they’ve dropped the ball.
SO it’s back to donations of time, cash and venues -
re-creating our community from scratch again.
After a while, the government is governing nothing because we will have created a new de-facto one.
This is what we have always done - each person contributes to the community, and receives 1/community return - if the whole community contributes, then the the return is community/community (=1) plus the increase generated by the activity of teh community (=1+).
As it stands, government beurocracies and commercial "service" providers get all the increase .. and now, it seems, much much more.
When the goose runs out of golden egs, she moves elsewhere.

Posted by .