Luna Boukouki/Mandolin

Luna Boukouki/Mandolin

has anyone ever played one or can tell me what there like?

Re: Luna Boukouki/Mandolin

I have been looking at them as well.. but I dont know if I can take that celtic knot soundhole.. That whole line is kind of wierd with it’s spiritual new-agey touches on their instruments.. they all look they were made to be present at a shaministic drum circle at a pagan fest.

most likely

I actually grabbed both just to dabble in them. It takes awhile to "fiddle" with the setup but they have a sweet tone especially with the dual strings. This is my first attempt at anything like this. Quite a change from a Gibson Les Paul.
The bouzouki is actually very close to the introductory Trinitys judging by the photos and descriptions. Same basic structures and woods. It has a solid spruce top and solid woods all around with a rosewood fretboard and the sound hole is fine. A little light in the upper frets but this is a starter so that’s fine.
The mandolin set up quicker and feels really solid with no problems on the frets. Same woods as on the bouzouki.
Good starter and the folks are very responsive. I had a couple of questions and got an answer back from Yvonne the designer as well as tech services.
They are paired with Dean Guitars in Florida but these instruments are made in China.