What’s going on at Clare FM?

What’s going on at Clare FM?

I haven’t been able to access the trad archives for couple of days, I’ve tried ringing them but the number is "not recognised".

Posted .

Re: What’s going on at Clare FM?

The station’s still going, though the traditional music pages seem to be down at the moment. Maybe they’re having a re-jig.

And the telephone number definitely works - 065 682 8888.

Posted by .

The whole website seems to be running very, very slowly. Maybe they took down the trad archives temporarily in an attempt to diagnose or fix the problem. It’s also possible that they changed the file name without updating the links to it.

A few hours before Tuesday’s show, Eoin posted to Facebook that he would be subbing for Claire that evening. And I’m listening to Paula’s show live from my office in Massachusetts now.

Live seems to be working, but no archives.

They often change the url and/or the format of that page.
But I’m not complaining - the price is right - I’m grateful they’re
willing to put up podcasts at all.

Yeah, I’m not complaining either Hup, I was just worrying, unnecessarily as it turns out because the archive is back. I listen to it all the time when I’m working, I think it’s a great way of immersing yourself in music and atmosphere.

Posted .

I am not familiar with the program could
You be so kind to post a link.?
Thanks
John

Archives is working, but I can’t get into the podcast - all I get is an option to bookmark it.

It is possible to listen via the links under Songs, or in Play Clare Archive, but there’s no controlling the stream with these options, which I find useful sometimes if I want to rewind.

Clare FM is a great resource - a lovely change from standard radio fare, and great company during the day for someone who works at home (or is fitting working into learning tunes that come up on Clare FM).

They’re BAAA-ACK!

Still can’t get into Podcasts. Is it just me?

I’ve never downcasted a podload Sara, I just click on the loudspeaker icon under "Songs" and that opens it in Real Player, and I can rewind.

Posted .

Thanks, Bernie.

When I click on the loudspeaker icon under songs it opens in iTunes and I can’t rewind.

Maybe I’ll try opening in Real Player and see what happens.

I figured out where my Podcast ended up. When I click on subscribe, it ends up in my tool bar in Firefox and drops down as a list that I can select from and it plays fine.

The only downside to the Podcasts is they are not as current.

Thanks!

I sent an email to the webmaster to let them know it was down.
I haven’t heard back from them!!

I have managed to download last weeks now.
It is still a wonderful resource.

http://clare.fm/music/ClareFM%20trad%20archive Click on the CD (or whatever the icon is to the left of the desired program name) and you’ll be given the option to open (play) the file or save it as a standard mp3 file. Save it and open it in your mp3 player of choice (iTunes, Windows Media, etc.) and you can play, pause, rewind, even edit and lift tracks that aren’t commercially available (well, you could lift tracks that are commercially available, but that wouldn’t be ethical).