ABRSM software

ABRSM software

Hi all,

I know I’ll get splattered with shaky eggs for even suggesting this, but what the hell!

ABRSM (the UK music examining body) has free software which you can download to shift speed to allow you to play along with stuff at a speed of your choice. It will also shift in semitone steps.

This is a PC prog rather than an ipod app but if it sounds useful it’s at http://www.abrsm.org/students/speedshifter

I’ve very occasionally found a use for this stuff - when learning something with complex harmonies (for example, Tarantella by Rudiger Opperman)

Re: ABRSM software

Cool… windows media has it aswell these days.. I learnt ‘Jacksons Reel’ from Matt Molloys’ Stoney Steps that way… no way I was getting it at full speed.

K

Posted by .

Thanks Mark. I like shaky eggs as well.

Posted by .

Kevin,,

I’m glad to here you use windows media slowed down to learn Difficult tunes, I thought it was old age on my part, lol.

Are you going to the Crown and Shamrock tonight, Its my Birthday
I am 25 yet again : )
jim,,,

Many happy returns, Jim. The 40th anniversary of your 25th then !!!!! only jokin’

Hey Jim!

It’s my birthday today as well!

Have a wonderful day, and year to come!

All the best

Brian x

yes Jim sound good… your buying then? 🙂

Posted by .

Happy birthday, Jim! 🙂

Happy birthday,,, Jim

Here’s a few spare apostrophe’s, just for you: ‘’’’’’’’ - don’’’t put them all in one post!

Thanks Jon —————– Cheers

: )

jim,,,

My Sony PCM-M10 recorder has this capability, too!

Not free, but extremely portable!

Maybe something to slow down the aging process would be more useful. Happy Birthday to you Jim

Thanks Mark. I use some payware myself but have passed your link on to other musical student friends who might find it useful.

Excellent - and it gets better - because I’ve just discovered there’s both a Windows and Mac version. Can’t think why I didn’t spot that first time round.