For the bodhranistas

For the bodhranistas

Forget the bodhran, get a cinder block. And who needs a fancy tipper when you can get a stick from a broken chair!

Re: For the bodhranistas

Wow… it’s like a bodhran, only worse!

It’s a bit annoying, isn’t it?

I guess it would be a great workout.

It would have worked if he’d actually been able to play it in time. The sound is not that different from a stepdancer’s feet on a hard floor.

Lol, yes annoying to some degree skreech, but so funny that he took it so seriously!

I’d say he’s in time Jack—- to my ears. But, it’s all just fun. This guy is a nut—- under the influence of a bottle of whiskey, a broken chair, and a cinder block.

"Like a bodhran, only worse!" That is class. I’m gonna tell him that.

Instead of beating on a drumhead, is he beating on a blockhead?

You should get him to try a beer bottle (empty of course) - Miller bottles make a good range of sounds :D

(BTW, that’s Catalan folk band El Pont d’Arcalís)

Sounds a bit like me on my "lump of wood" although obviously not as good.

The "lump of wood" I play can usually be found on a wash board or a set of ceilidh drums, but I play it like a bodhran.

Obviously I am the best in the world at it as the only other player is my son……

No doubt bliss you are the best… a god… or at least worthy of canonizing bt the Church!

No doubt bliss you are the best… a god… or at least worthy of canonizing by the Church!

That must have been worth repeating!

All this rather emphasizes why there is the musician/ drummer thing. At least musicians have to make their noise on an actual MUSICAL INSTRUMENT.
Drummers can plainly make their noise on, well, anything…

reminds me of the days in middle-high school when at lunch someone would pull out a writting pen and drop a beat(make drumming patterns) on the lunch table with the pen(used as a hi-hat and snare) and their fists(used as the kick) and knuckles(as an alternative snare/hi-hat sound). Then someone would spit a flow(rap[improvised poetry]). Good times.

"Ok i’m bout’ to flow, somebody gimme a beat." *someone drops the beat* "Ok, ok, check…" *guy starts rapping, other people come over to listen, everybody starts rockin’ and jiggin’. Now it’s a big crowd. Principal comes outof nowhere. Everybody stops.* Principal: Keep it down over here… *Principal walks away. Everyone does the same thing… Principal comes back and takes away the beat-makers pen… Now the party’s over…* Haha, Yes good times :)

I suppose it was a graphical representation of what a bodhran felt like by the end of a night of hard tipping.

No doubt bliss you are the best… a god… or at least worthy of canonizing by the Church!

# Posted on April 23rd 2011 by fiddlecraver

At last, a discerning poster.