Anyone from Long Island NY (?)

Anyone from Long Island NY (?)

My friend and I recently started fooling around with playing some Irish songs, and we’re not terribly good. I’ve found in my experience it always helps to play with other people and learn from them. Anyone from Long Island want to hang out, have a few drinks and maybe teach two young men some music?

Re: Anyone from Long Island NY (?)

Do a search for some sessions here on the site. There must be a ton of sessions on the Island for you to go to. Just remember to go and listen for a while before joining in.

I am from LI, but a long time ago. I do visit sometimes, and have not found a lot of sessions there. What instruements do you play, and where are you on LI?

I live on Long Island, play flute. The only session I know of is the one Bernadette Fee, the fiddle player, leads at Blackthorne’s? in Rockville Centre. The Comhaltas group meets in Mineola sometimes at the Irish Center and plays. Haven’t been there yet. My two young children keeping me from getting anywhere! 🙂

I play guitar, and my friend plays tenor banjo. We’re all the way out in the middle of Suffolk. Rockville Centre is quite a hike for us

I’m in Suffolk too. Where are you and your friend? Feel free to email.

My partner.
Unfortunately for your request she’s been here in London UK for 35 years.
So, not much help.
She remembers Sunday afternoon folk club sessions at My Father’s Place, including a young and heavily bearded Jeff Warner, and summer folk parties at Jean Ritchie’s house.
Those were the days.
Good luck.