Any trad facebook groups opened lately?

Any trad facebook groups opened lately?

I’ve searched thesession.org but most of the groups I found were either inactive or very sluggish on the posts.. :)

Any new alive-and-kicking facebook groups (the new format) trad groups available?

Thanks!

Re: Any trad facebook groups opened lately?

Have you done a search on fbook?

Yes, and thesession.org…

I look from time to time, and haven’t seen anything good.

Who needs another Irish traditional music social network? Isn’t one bad enough? Seriously.

Join my new group on Facebook, it’s called "TheSession Refugees", for those who have abandoned this nasty place. Me and the other member would appreciate the company.

What if you made a refuge, and nobody came? :)

(Disclaimer: Facebook? Seriously?)

Who needs ANY social network anyway ..
Face Book ,Twitter ,Myspace…etc etc, ..
Toys….that’s what they are..Communications technology gone to waste..
If one needs to communicate with another person,whats wrong with a telephone ? or e-mail ?
People only use these silly things because they CAN….they’re really not essential……toys thats all .
Ahhh.that feels better….I’m goin’ fishin’ …

When I was a boy, we didn’t have any "social network" hogwash. If you wanted to talk to someone you threw a rock at their head. We all had concussions and bloody scalps and we liked it.

We had to get up before we went to bed…

Posted by .

Did’nt catch any fish :-( ……never mind,maybe tomorrow…

Michael - I understand the frustration, but why not just opening a regular group that doesn’t have anything to do with thesession.org? I LOVE your apps and tutorials, by the way :)

"When I was a boy, we didn’t have any "social network" hogwash. If you wanted to talk to someone you threw a rock at their head. We all had concussions and bloody scalps and we liked it."

Sounds just like the foreign policy of your homeland to be sure!!

Posted .

I understand that there’s presently a group in North Kerry who have started preparing a website in connection with the music of the North Kerry Area as part of a project to collect and archive old North Kerry tunes and to identify and study the old local style (which is reputed to be different from the Sliabh Luachra style).

I believe they are looking for any old recordings as well. Such genuine contributions would be very welcome I’m sure.

Don’t quite know when it’ll be up and running but it’s worth keeping an eye out for.

Is that Seán Abeyta and that crowd?

Paul de Grae sent me the book they published ‘Drawing from the Well’ lovely effort and it would be interesting to see more material on the web.

Posted .

Well ok then, websites that are actually dedicated to keeping the music alive and passing on jigs, reels and other dance music would be fine.