Reel Trad - Angelina Carberry & Martin Quinn

Reel Trad - Angelina Carberry & Martin Quinn

Today see’s the launch of this cleverly named web site of husband and wife couple Martin Quinn and Angelina Carberry. The site hosts a wealth of information on Martin, Angelina, the band "na Dorsa" with who Martin plays the accordian with along with biographies of: Paul Meehan (Guitar), Tiarn

Re: Reel Trad - Angelina Carberry & Martin Quinn

Good site, good music, with lots of samples. I met the Carberrys, Pete and Angelina, one night in ‘98 in Connradh na Gaeilge hall in Galway. They had just come back from England. I already knew the other Carberrys (Pete Senior of uilleann pipe fame and son Noel also uil pipes… someone on the recent CCE tour told me Noel’s pipes had been stolen … Oilean na Naomh agus na nOllamh?) and we struck up a conversation. I remember asking Pete how long he had been planning the move back after 30 years away. As I remember it, he told me he decided they were coming back on the Friday and on Monday they left England. Brave man, I thought, I hope things work out for them. I’m happy to see that that seems to be so.
mairtin