Soundcloud Tune Sharing

Soundcloud Tune Sharing

http://soundcloud.com/

Discovered as the link to tune-playing in a member’s profile, this site looks like it could be useful (while it lasts) for those members here wanting to share samples of their playing in their profiles or to demonstrate tune techniques being discussed or tunes submitted. Alternatively, it could be handy for those eager to engage in the occasional put-up-or-shut-up competition.😲

I’ve already posted it in the "Links" section but submitted it here to inform those who don’t explore that section.

Posted by .

Re: Soundcloud Tune Sharing

yeah me and my music making chums use soundcloud a lot for uploading jams, sharing our masterpieces etc.

very handy to use. i reckon its ideal for what your talking about.

heres what a page looks like with tracks on it.
WARNING. no traditional music…except for one tune where i play a bit of down the broom near the end (after rapping)

http://soundcloud.com/dubchieftain

Thanks kinga, that’s great.

Posted by .

ok so I checked out Soundcloud.

I read the terms of use… ok.. not too bad, though they are careful to stress ownership of the material by "user". Also first line says they can change terms of use any time they like, they will of course issue a 6 week warning, while being sure to offer you to opt out of their mailing list. hmmm.

But really if I want to send an MP3 of myself to someone, it’s someone who I trust enough with my recordings they can know my emai address and , I would email anyway.

I can see the idea being attractive if someone thinks they could get "discovered", but at what risk? If they make money on this thing it will be at "USERS" expense I am sure.

I’m either paranoid, old, or both I guess.

I did become a member though out of curiosity.

box.net is free for total file size up to 5 MB. That’s roughly 5 minutes of tunes at 128 kbps. If you switch out sound clips now and then, that’s plenty. Or you can pay a nominal annual fee for more storage space.

Dropbox is another, similar option.

Posted .

Its actually 5GB on box.net. Which is many many many hours worth…