Techie Question. Flash AS3 / XML / Midi file

Techie Question. Flash AS3 / XML / Midi file

On the off chance…

Does anyone know of examples of an AS3 program that takes the notes from a midi file, stores them in an xml file and generates a flash animation from the data on the xml file?

EG - on a DVD ROM or something, the abc can be displayed on the left (of the interface) and on the right the animation will play (probably showing the fingers and tin whistle) showing the user where to finger the notes.

I have to do something similar, so I’m asking here before I go off and get it started .

No need to question the whys and whynots etc. That has been finalised. Examples will suffice thanks. I know you don’t need the dots and Liz Carroll is Jesus etc.

I’ve found a little online - but not much.
Just thought some of the ABC heads on here may know of something?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Techie Question. Flash AS3 / XML / Midi file

James Allwright has a nice program for Midi-2-ABC.
http://abc.sourceforge.net/abcMIDI/original/ in C
Recode the ABC to a workable XML
flask to step though the xml tags (i.e. GIFs on instrument background based on tag).

Hope this helps

Not quite sure what you want to achieve - if you want to develop a stand alone application that people can put their own tunes into, then I can’t help.

But if you’re just wanting to produce a DVD rom of the finished animations, Archaos (and many other VJ packages) let you assign an image or video clip to each note of a midi channel.

That should be Arkaos

Thx.
I got it sorted.

thx, been looking for a MID to ABC converter.