Hohner Morgane buttons

Hohner Morgane buttons

Hi all, I was just asking if anyone that has experience with the Hohner Morgane can tell me about the buttons. Do they stick out too much where it is hard to slide? Is it an overall good accordion for the price or for a beginner? Thanks.

Re: Hohner Morgane buttons

Have never played one myself but I’m sure if you try www.melodeon.net and search the forum there you will get your answers.

Thanks!

If it’s anything like my Double-Ray Black-Dot B/C, as they come from the factory the buttons start out quite high and can be pressed below the level of the button board. By playing somewhat flat fingered it is possible to do some sliding at least from the inside to outside row. It is possible to replace the keyboard with something friendlier to Irish style playing or reduce the travel through installation of a stop block under the levers.

Micheal, if you follow the link above you wil see the keyboard is totally different to the Double Ray/Erica etc, much more like an Italian box

Yes, I see that now.

I like my Morgane. Light, easy to carry around. I downgraded from a Casti Ilary two years ago. I had no issues going to raised buttons.

the morgane keyboard is as good as or better than some more expensive offerings from other makers. the reeds sound Italian. the carcass is very like a pokerwork, with metal corners. I’d have one if I needed another mid range box

Posted by .

Thanks for all the input!

Nice looking box for the money. Despite having ‘Hohner’ on it, I believe it does benefit from being of European (Czech) manufacture.