Beer in Heaven

Beer in Heaven

Folks,

Heard a fantastic song at a session in DUblin Thursday about being in heaven, fairly sac-religious stuff but very very funny! Apparently it was Irish national radio RTE during the week. Any ideas?

P

Posted by .

Re: Beer in Heaven

Do you mean the one you get on a YouTube search for "beer in heaven"? Or is this something different?

Beers in Heaven…isn’t that a Clapton song?

Posted .

In heaven there is no beer
That’s why they drink it here.
And when we’re gone from here
Our friends will be drinking all the beer!
- Frankie Yankovic

I think there is.

But those who have problems with it may have to settle for squished fruits of the Tree Of Life for an age or two.

They are probably very nice and good for you.

I thought that this problem had been settled by St Bridget of Kildare some centuries ago? She was to take over as chief brewer, I seem to remember.

Well, she’s reputed to have said: "I’d like to give a lake of beer to God." All the rest of the prayer is a lovely daydream wherein she wishes to sit beside the Heavenly lake of beer and so-on, and so-forth. Hardly a firm basis for the assertion that there is such a lake. I’m betting Avalon has a lake of beer. Probably causes mass die-offs from all the CO2, along with some fierce epidemics of drowning.

One is led to believe that infinity is a component of God, the risen Jesus and indeed the sainted departed.

This should mean that whenever it suits them they are able to swell up to unimaginable sizes. Then they are able to knock back a vast lake of beer at a single draught out of pleasingly re-worked extinct volcano craters. If they want to increase its effects, they can adjust their sizes downwards a tad.

But only if.

St. Brigid sounds a pretty good sort. I can imagine her and her nuns getting down to some merry evenings after a day’s cattle-raiding, which I get the impression is what these monks and stuff actually did a lot of the time. Being saints and scholars was an excuse for it.

It’s just tremendous what one can learn from The Session! LOL
Keep up the good work

I will drink to this discussion.
Laurence

anyone know anything more about the song in question?
Some lyrics
"In heaven there’ll be beer for breakfast
At lunch it’s tequila and wine
And the soup served with dinner is made with paint thinner
And the morning hereafter feels fine"
http://www.jiva.co.uk/songs/heaven.htm

Posted by .

yes ive definitely heard this song played at a session lately..no info tho other than i think the guy may hve been a radio show host who sang it..im not sure if he wrote it though