Long Neck Lefite banjo FOR SALE

Long Neck Lefite banjo FOR SALE

All lefties will know how RARE an instrument this is.
It’s a custom-made Clareen long neck, left-handed banjo. I had it made in 2006, frustrated at not being able to get a leftie long neck anywhere - such a thing simply didn’t exist, according to a lot of top makers!
So, Tom Cussen decided he would bulid a special, one-off long-neck leftie for me. It’s a lovely instrument, open-back with Whyte Ladie tone ring and maple finish. It comes with attached railroad spikes… it also comes with a case.
I’m not sure entirely sure I want to part with this instrument, but if someone out there wants the opportunity to collect such a rare instrument, then I would be willing to let it go for €4,000.
I have since gone on to playing a standard scale, Dobson-style openback, playing more old-time tunes as opposed to the Seeger-style I was using.

Re: Long Neck Lefite banjo FOR SALE

NIGHTMARE to get a leftie instrument:/.. and i’m a fiddle player🙂

This is a rare birdie you’re trying to get rid of.
While I’ve seen lefties advertised, I don’t think I’ve even met a player. And as for long-neck players, well, there’s Pete Coe, and Pete Seeger. Can’t think of another.
It might, statistically, be easier to find someone with O RH -ve blood than a long-necked leftie banjo picker.
Perhaps you should offer the neck and the ring separately ?

Tommy Makem played a long-neck.

Ah, but was he a leftie ? I know Luke Kelly was ( sorry, only the politics ) !
And neither of these fine gentlemen are still with us.

G.P. - As well as ‘the twa Petes’ you mentioned,Kate Lissauer used to play a nice Gibson long neck like Mr Coe’s (maybe still does). And Russ Chandler of Walthamstow folk club had a long-neck Goldtone in his luggage.

Of course, this post should read Long Neck LEFTIE banjo FOR SALE. Sorry about the mispelling of leftie, which I think has sparked some people to talk in general about long neck players, as opposed to the ‘rare birdie’, if you will, of LEFTIE long neck players.