Hup ya boy ya!

Re: Hup ya boy ya!

A shame he doesn’t have a bodhran built in, too….

Posted .

My mother told me that if I couldn’t think of anything nice to say, I should say nothing at all, hence, I will not be commenting on this clip.
That is all.

When the clip finished it said ‘Replay?’
Computer says no….
I didn’t even have to touch the keys!

Holy F***ing parsnips batman!

Is’nt that the same bloke who plays in Black Sabbath?

He IS smiling pleasantly, and that’s very important.

Strange, when I saw the instrument I thought of Chang and Eng, the Bunker Bros from Siam, . Then I heard the jigs and I thought…"I must get that spring fixed on my old gramophone".

Ok, there’s a guy having a good time playing music, having a bit of fun, smiling all the time, messing around on a mandolin/guitar hybrid, doing something I’ve never seen anyone try before.

Sure there’s better mandolin and guitar players out there but there’s also MUCH worse players out there who take themselves more seriously. He’s clearly not taking it too seriously and neither should any of you. Give him a break ffs, he clearly enjoys playing music and isn’t trying desperately to impress anyone. Good on him I say for having the balls to post that on youtube……..

Posted .

well said fnarr. A typical response displayed here. I’d cross my fingers that none of the old grumps ever, not every, shows up at my session….not that any session is actually "mine"

Posted by .

i know, il report abuse!! il never get over it

To the moaners and gripers: compare the playing and the response in this thread:

https://thesession.org/discussions/28061

If you don’t hear a difference between the two players which explains the difference in the response, I also hope I never wind up in "your" session.