Eamonn an Chniuic

Eamonn an Chniuic

Hi everyone. I’ve tried every search and can not find lyrics to this song. OK, I found one, but not only does it not match my Makem/Clancey CD, it doesn’t have half the words that my Josephine Marsh CD has, and those are a bit mixed up.
Would appreciate any help.

Re: Eamonn an Chniuic

Might just be a minor spelling glitch. Try "chnoic" instead of "chniuc"

I’ve only heard this "as Gaeilge" back in my schooldays, and I think it was pretty much what’s printed here (along with an English translation🙂

http://members.aol.com/JamusN/Eamonn.html

Posted by .

go raith maith agat.

Cathy Ryan does a really nice vocal version of Ned of the Hills on her CD "Cathy and friends" with Egan, McCleod et al. The best instrumental version I believe was by Phil Smiley on flute. I can’t recall which band and I no longer have a copy, but it is burned into my memory forever. Very few times are my eyes filled to overflowing. This one of them.

This is the wrong time of year for this, but this is something to think about for when Christmas rolls around again. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow composed the seven stanza poem "Christmas Bells" on December 25th, 1864. The poem was re-arranged (dropping stanzas 4 and 5) and set to music by John Baptiste Calkin in 1872, who called the song