Rocky Mt. Irish Festival

Re: Rocky Mt. Irish Festival

I would definitely see Paddy O’Brien.

Might be interesting to see what Irish connection they have for "A Tribute to Paul McCartney and the Beatles."

Posted by .

I was wondering about that as well!

I’m going to wander up to spend some time with Paddy O’Brien this weekend, for sure. Hope to see you there!

Ah…yes the American Irish fest, where its easy to tell the American bands from the bands from Ireland, The American bands always have a kilt, a cap, or a "celtic" symbol in their promo-mterials, while the Irish musicians look like…. musicians. And WTF Iam so tired of "punk" bands with bagpipes…

I love my home state dearly, but why are they calling these bands with Highland pipes and drums "Irish pipe bands?"

The best part of that website is Long’s Peak on the home page.

Different kilts ? ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by .

"why are they calling these bands with Highland pipes and drums "Irish pipe bands?"

Haven’t you heard TSS, the St.Laurence O’Toole & Field Marshal Montgomery bands have won the Worlds so many times now, that they’ve decided to change the name! ๐Ÿ˜›

Cheers,
Dick

I went to the pictures of the bands thinking they would have uilleann pipers being pushed along in office chairs, and then they didn’t.

Might be interesting to see what Irish connection they have for "A Tribute to Paul McCartney and the Beatles."

Sure everybody knows Paul wrote Mulligans Tyre

Posted by .

We were given free tickets, and we’ve never been to one of these before. I think we will wander around…. I’ll check out Paddy O’Brien, shall I wear a red carnation, Rev?

LOL, wyogal. I’m easy to spot. I’m the 6’4" guy lugging around a banjo.

Sounds like a few people will be wandering up, so there may be some tunes to be had. Bring an instrument

Pete

We were wondering about that, didn’t think we would, thought we’d just watch and listen…. hmmmm, maybe.

Stay away from the High Kings, but if Martin Furey does a solo set of his Bohinta material don’t miss it!

We are headed down tomorrow, still not sure if we’ll bring instruments or not. Very tired after first day back at work, subbing PE today at a high school. Only 2 kids left in wheelchairs with the nurse…
and I’m glued to the hurricane coverage, our son and his young family (wife and 5-month old baby) are in Virginia Beach….

That was fun!
Thanks……..