Ag Déanamh Ceoil

Re: Ag Déanamh Ceoil

DJF likes this

Posted .

an absolute delight - thanks for that

Good stuff. MacMahon seems to have worn himself out playing…

I suddenly realise the years are catching up when I recognise the style of it - the clothes and haircuts! Seventies Ireland - hard to believe that things change so much in half a lifetime. Except the music, of course!!

Posted .

Fabulous!

Notice the "upside-down" bodhran style that Seamus Donoghue uses. I’ve never come across that before.

great video.. the box out of macmahon at the end is amazing

Thank you - great to see Darach Ó Catháin again. Shame not all of the series survived.

What a great programme. Cheers DR.

Excellent link - well done Dragut Reis

The style of bodhran playing is brilliant. Unfortunatly it’s not heard of anymore - or at least I haven’t come accross it in years.

Alot is said about McMahon - but credit has to go to him for bringing this quality of music to the geneal public in the 70’s with programs like this and the lark in the morning. He has helped to preserve ‘the pure drop’

Wow, what a delight to watch this before going to bed! 🙂

I have to add that I don’t give a damn about McMahon’s controversial opinions - if you ask me he’s undoubtfully one of the greatest Irish musicians on this planet and I totally love watching him play his box as if there’s no tomorrow! 😀

Grand stuff. That Mary Quant has a lot to answer for but.

Posted by .

Brilliant clip. Tony MacMahon is in top form, and the performances are very fine. Is that Joe Cooley’s Paolo Soprani or not yet? Thanks DR.

No thats not Cooley’s box.

Has anyone seen the other two surviving programmes in this series? If so, do either of them feature The Pavees? Thanks.