Ceoltoiri Chualann scores/transcriptions - do they exist?

Ceoltoiri Chualann scores/transcriptions - do they exist?

I’m currently working on a senior comprehensive project (kind of like a mini-thesis, but only given as a presentation) on Sean O’Riada and the development of the Ceoltoiri Chualann. I know there are a number of recordings of the group, but I wanted to know if there are any scores written by O’Riada himself available to look at. Otherwise, does anyone know of some good transcriptions of the recordings? And, if any do exist, where can I obtain them?

Re: Ceoltoiri Chualann scores/transcriptions - do they exist?

If you have several recordings of the group, why don’t you just use your ear and transcribe it yourself? 🙂

[The great musical legacy of Sean O’Riada will live on for many generations to come, Taoiseach Bertie Ahern said today as he received the entire O’Riada collection on behalf of the nation.

The collection, which includes original scores, correspondence, possessions and 2,000 books, is to be housed in University College Cork’s Boole Library after the university was given more than half a million euro by the Government to purchase and preserve i

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/2005/0608/entertainment/cwaugbcwojcw/#ixzz1WUbs2lKV]

Wasn’t UCC badly affected by floods in 2009? I seem to recall something about parts of the library collection being hung out to dry, so to speak.

Posted .

That was mostly the Lewis Glucksman gallery and the art collection housed in the basement there.

Posted .

Why not try contacting Sean O’Riada’s son, Peadar O’Riada?

http://www.peadaroriada.ie/

Wow, thanks so much for the quick replies.

This all definitely answered my question. This is a great help, even though it’s looking more and more like I’m going to have to do the transcriptions myself. *cringes* I’ll think about contacting his son, but this is just an undergraduate project, so I’d probably just feel like I was bothering him. haha.

Thanks again!