So here’s a problem I’m having using Audacity.
Here’s what I WANT to do:
Take a file of a tune I want to learn, edit the tune to repeat a few times, slow it down, and save it as an MP3 so I can put it on my iPod and take anywhere to learn and practice tunes.
Here’s what I’ve done:
I edited the parts together and slowed to the desired tempo, no problem. I tried to export the file as an MP3, but got and error saying I had to use an MP3 encoder, and suggested LAME. So I downloaded LAME MP3 encoder and was able to export the file, no problem.
However, when I open the file to play with my usual Media player, it opens, appears to be playing. I can pause it, move the slider, etc, as normal, but there’s no sound. Completely silent. I opened another MP3 just for troubleshooting purposes and it played just fine.
I know there are some here who use Audacity to slow down tune files, so I figured somebody here might know where I’m going wrong.