Stockton’s Wing - Trip to London

Stockton’s Wing - Trip to London

I have been listening to a lot more Stockton’s Wing recently. I had listened to them years ago but i have to confess that i didn’t really pick up how intricate their arrangements were the first time.

One set has really caught my attention - Trip to London - can someone name the tune they put along with it in the version on their Collection album?

Cheers

JH

Re: Stockton’s Wing - Trip to London

‘The band took its name from a line in the Bruce Springsteen song, “Backstreets” - “Slow dancin’ in the dark on the beach at Stockton’s Wing…“ ’

(Wikipedia)

I’d often wondered where they got their name from. Stockton’s Wing - presumably in the USA - sounds romantic. The Stockton in my part of the world is best known for being lugubrious and for crimes against the person.

That’s the first one of the pair, Jim.

Posted by .

I think I like SW better than BS………..

I love this set and learned it by ear from the same recording. The 2nd tune is a nice step up to key of A. I never got the name of it though. I once heard some set dancers dancing to a lively accordian played version of it on a boom box. I’ve seen it on youtube randomly as well. So it’s not a totally uncommon tune.
Would love to know the name of it (again).

Salt

This track was originally listed as ‘The 46/Trip to London’ on Light in the Western Sky