Online fiddle lessons

Online fiddle lessons

Hi. A classically trained violin came to our session last night. She had very nice tone and intonation but was hopeless at the tunes. I’m sending her some links and ideas for learning traditional music. A teacher would be ideal but may not be possible. Has anyone here got any good suggestions for online fiddle lessons?

Re: Online fiddle lessons

Many thanks. Does anyone you of any good lessons on youtube?

http://www.oaim.ie

Beginner through to intermediate Irish Fiddle lessons at The Online Academy of Irish Music. There are six free ones to check out on the free lessons page, and a free intermediate lesson too.

I found them great and a REAL help.

GL

Thanks for the replies.

I second violynnsey’s recommendation of James Kelly as a wonderful online fiddle teacher. I had him as a teacher in person and he’s one of the most genuine, humble and supremely talented fiddlers alive today. Also, his fiddle recordings are second-to-none for what traditional Irish fiddling is all about.

Kimberley Fraser is another wonderful fiddle teacher, with beginner and advanced lessons for both fiddle and piano. If you’re looking for that Cape Breton “drive” in your fiddle playing, I’d highly recommend checking out her lessons.

Http://kimberleysessions.com is the site.