Best Trad Session In Dublin?

Best Trad Session In Dublin?

Votes please!?

Re: Best Trad Session In Dublin?

Criteria? Parameters? What are you measuring? City or county?

The one that meets your expectations, whatever they may be……

It’s been some years, but I enjoyed playing at The Oliver St. John Gogarty pub right next to the famous Temple Bar in Dublin. Great musicians, very welcoming. It may be considered by some to be touristy, but I loved the experience. Can’t imagine anything has changed.

Posted by .

On my one and only visit to Dublin I went to Hughes’ and The Cobblestone, both grand, but I got to play the most at a pub called…damn, I can’t remember its name! It was just up round the corner from one called The Auld Triangle (I think), and the wonderful person who invited me was called Marion (I won’t give her surname here in case she wouldn’t want me to, but I do know it). I had a great evening there, and you just have to be in awe of someone with the courage to let an untried harmonica player sit in!

The best session anywhere is always the one you just missed.

Cobble stone is a good session alright.

Hi Steve Shaw Marion ,plays the cobblestones on Monday nigths…and the Brian Boru (Hedigans Phisboro ) on wednesdays…Both very good sessions….
but there are lots of good sessions around ….The BEST is a matter of opinion depending on what floats your Boat.

Posted by .

all folkd up in the temple bar are pretty good think they play on thursdays

obviously “best is a matter of opinion”, why do people always say stuff like that. i’m looking for peoples opinions on what the best session is, not a definition of what best is…..christ on a bike….

“all folkd up in the temple bar are pretty good think they play on thursdays”

don’t they play U2 and that sort of sh*te?