Music in Fuenteventura

Music in Fuenteventura

I will be visiting Fuenteventura in the first week of January. I wonder if there is any chance of a session in that part of the World? Also, is there any chance of hearing some Canarian music at all, if such a thing exists?

Re: Music in Fuenteventura

Try Twitter

Re: Music in Fuerteventura

You may run into visiting musicians if you ask around the Irish bars, but chances aren’t high.

For Canarian music, if you can’t get any pointers on the web, then ask at the music shops in Puerto del Rosario. Buy a timple while you’re there!

The Canarian music exists, and is very interesting. European influences, Africa and Latin America. If you leave the tourist areas is not difficult to find a “parranda”. At that time, sure there will be some in the cavalcades of the Magi. For ITM I do not know. If you take a break to Tenerife we can mount a good session.

Posted by .

I thought it was called Fuerteventura

Posted by .

Second try at posting this;
I think it is a great thing that we do, working hard at our playing of the music we love, and searching for it all over the world. On the other hand, sometimes it might also be good just to go out and find and experience the music that people make in different parts of the world, and enjoy it for what it is, rather than only look for what we know we like already.

Do’t know about Fuerteventura, but genuine Cararian music (both instrumental and vocals) in El Rincon d’Amador, a small pub, in Lanzarote, Puerto del Carmen, between the Fariones Hotel and the end of the beach. It’s situated in a small shopping square opposite the Fariones Hotel at the far right hand corner. One of the singers looks and sounds the image of Luke Kelly. A native instrument they play looks like a cross between a ukelele and a mandolin.