Tomorrow’s tunes today?

Tomorrow’s tunes today?

I’ve finally noticed the international date line of posting- you post today, and I get it yesterday; I post today, and it manifests instantly in the future.

Is this some bizarre form of daylight savings time, or could it be the hidden cause of the savings and loan crisis?

Re: Tomorrow’s tunes today?

probably a glitch in The Matrix

Posted .

The date on this website is based on Greenwich Mean Time, not Eastern Daylight Savings Time. So it switches over to the next day early.

It amuses me that Yanks think Greenwich is a village in New York

Posted .

Did you know Manchester is in New Hampshire, Gloucester is in Massachusetts, and Durham is in North Carolina? 😉

I remember this pop/funk band from Harrogate once. They were being interviewed on some local radio station and the DJ was a bit gushing and asked a question something along the lines of, "It must be great coming from New York, what a wonderful heritage of funk" etc etc, And the guys in the band were like, "Yeah, it is great, it’s a great place."

I was chatting to the guys a couple of days later and they were laughing about winding the DJ up. Apparently, during the brief, off air, pre-interview chat the DJ asked where they were from and they said, accurately, near York. And the DJ misheard them.

Posted .

Since Eastern Standard Time is by definition UTC - 5hrs, whereas GMT is considered to be equivalent to UTC ( there are technical differences relevant to applications like GPS calibration, but outside the scope of this discussion ) surely it would be more correct to say that the website changes at the right time, and visitors in the US come to it late?

What about those who play close to the speed of light?

Posted .

Speaking of the matrix, why does it seem like I’ve seen this thread before? Have I now reached the outer limits?

Why, yes, I know them…I live in Manchester actually (that’s NH, not England).

It’s always interesting to see English visitors recognize all the English place names here in NH (and stumble over all the Abenaki place names, but that’s another story), but very few bear any relation to where they actually are on the map in England and I think that confuses people more than anything 🙂

Portsmouth, NH for excample is on the seacoast, but it’s south east coastal NH.

Posted by .

The early English settlers in North America were clearly struggling with creativity.

"What about those who play close to the speed of light?"

Doesn’t that mean those tunes become infinitely long to everyone else?

ha, yeah

Posted .

Actually gill Greenwich is a town in Connecticut. If you’re referring to Greenwich Village in NYC, well that is merely a neghborhood and not a village at all.

Posted by .

The early English settlers in North America were clearly struggling with creativity.

If you ever had to study Early American Literarure, you would know firsthand that creativity was not their forte. Religious sanctimony and verbosity, yes, creativity, no. : )

The early settlers probably went from sea sick to home sick in the roughly six months that it took for a transatlantic voyage at the time? There were only so many Indians to treat them to Thanksgiving, and not sure the Puritans were ever into the Welcome Wagon.

As for the speed of light- the mind should only need to go slightly faster than the speed of sound in order to make sound decisions; anything faster is mind-numbing.

I thought religious sanctimony and verbosity were Protestant standards, new or old world?

I thought that Greenwich was where they invented vegetarian meals on bread.

I thought that was the Australians and vegemite.