Not Free, But Certainly Cheaper Than Normal, Reeds

Not Free, But Certainly Cheaper Than Normal, Reeds

For those who are interested, Compass Records is having a 40% off sale on the albums in their catalog that feature accordion. I already own approximately three quarters of these disks, and can vouch for their quality!
Who says accordions never get respect?

Re: Not Free, But Certainly Cheaper Than Normal, Reeds

Do you make the reeds out of the disks then?

Posted by .

It ain’t exactly obvious when you visit their website!

They’re a US distributor BTW.

Here’s the link for the moment, but like a past fiddle "deal of the day," the list will presumably go blank when the promotion ends.

http://compassrecords.com/store.php?catID=157

Gone already

40% of accordion albums? Probably the only way they can get shot of the things, sounds more like desparation than respect.

Nothing to do with respect or disrespect. Compass is always having a sale. It’s like their gimmick. If their site had a separate section for "Compass Records Employees play the Songs of Compass Records," rest assured there’d be a sale on those, too.

Thank God someone in the USA is still putting out disks with trad music. And Compass is a small, musician-owned outfit, not some arm of a giant, faceless conglomerate.

I can’t see any of their sales, actually, including the sales that haven’t ended. I’m thinking it’s one of those rare Firefox issues and I should open up IE (doom!).

Nope, there’s an error on the page. Nothing loads in IE, either.

Full "Sale" listing works ok, as per ceolochan’s more recent discussion.

Includes some cds that were in the Accordion specific sale yesterday, but now they’re cheaper!

Yup, working fine now.

I thought the title referred to pipe reeds, which was why I hadn’t opened it for a while………
…..let those who like accordions buy these, I’ll be off doing my own thing somewhere else.
Now, english concertinas - then you’re talking !