Levon Helm

Levon Helm

Levon Helm sadly passed away today. I’m not going to write an obituary as those of you who know his music and his philosophy will already know what a giant figure he was. For those who don’t, start now.

Re: Levon Helm

And the bells were ringing, Levon, he was a good man.

Sad news.

Just checked…. I’ve still got the original vinyl copy of "Music From Big Pink".

Another talented musician originally from Arkansas.

Laurence

Take a load off, Fanny.

or Annie (?)

Have a look at a concept album Levon did around 1980. ‘The Legend of Jesse James’ in which he sang the part of our hero. Fantastic album - and paired with another by the same author, James Kennerley, called ‘White Mansions’ (about the American Civil War) both illustrated the talents of Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Eric Clapton, Albert Lee, Levon Helm & Emmylou Harris, among others. Two superb albums which, on the Jesse James one, showed Levon capable of slotting into whichever branch of music he chose. Have a listen also to his album of recent years, ‘Dirt Farmer’ - an Old Timey/Country exploration into his roots.

A fantastic all-round musician. He will be sorely missed. RIP

Great singer, drummer, mandolin player R.I.P. Levon "Daniel and the sacred harp dancing through the clover .."

Levon was a super talented performer/ musician and areal good person from my hometown, where I knew him. He was liked (loved) and respected by the residents of Woodstodk, NY, known as a good guy. RIP Leon ♬ ☮

This man will be sorely missed. a great musician