Sadhbh Peat of Dublin

Sadhbh Peat of Dublin

Can any one tell me a bit about Sadhbh Peat the concertina player ? I found a nice Comhaltas video on Youtube and wondered if she’s made a CD or is in a band?

Re: Sadhbh Peat of Dublin

No, but I can tell you all about Pete Moss :)

Posted .

Any chance of a link? Can’t find it by searching. Saw her play in 2009 at the Fleadh Ceoil, plays a Dipper.

Posted by .

Wow, that’s sweet. I love her tina playing… However, the bodhran was a pain in the ears… It is more about "what I can do" than actually ‘accompanying’ either the music or the musicians. It, for me, seriously got in the way of my enjoyment. If her tina playing wasn’t so nice I’d have given up early… BANG - BANG - BANG - a diddly-i-BANG-BANG… :-/

I found an archived Radio 1 broadcast, but I’m not having any luck downloading the complete programme. At 20:10 there’s an interview with Sadhbh. My download only goes to about 22 minutes. So, I’m not able to listen to her playing.
Programme 3: Saturday 12th September 2009
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ceilihouse/1249933.html

Posted by .

Sadhbh Peat

Was able to download the entire programme. Sadhbh Peat is interviewed by Kieran Hanrahan @ 20:10, followed by two reels "College Groves/ Girls of Farranfore" (no drum)
24:18 - 27:26.

Posted by .

That was the Comhaltas link Thanks weejie, And ta for the radio 1 link Tawny.

I can get current Ceilihouse programmes but bot archived ones. What’s the best way in?

I’m downloading the file & playing on RealPlayer. Currently I don’t have QuickTime on my computer. Without that I won’t be much help. Either way these players are constantly changing how they deal with various formats. Here’s the direct link to the file.
http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-ceilihouse-2009-09-12.smil
Are you in Windows on a Mac (or PC)? I have to go to work now. So, hopefully someone with QuickTime will have some answers. I’ll check back on the thread later.
Good luck!

Posted by .

When I click on the link, in Firefox, I get the box which gives me an option to either *open* the file or *save* to the download folder. I have the browser set to use RealPlayer as the default for files with the .smil extension. Does your browser give you an option to download & save files?

Posted by .

She became a member of Lynched, now Lankum the well known group. Curently on tour !

[[[She became a member of Lynched, now Lankum the well known group. Curently on tour !]]]

The Lankum singer/concertina player is Radie Peat, not Sadhbh Peat. Both are Dublin natives—-I believe siblings, but not certain. Watched Sadhbh Peat for a long time playing in a 3-person sesh during Feakle fest in the mid-2000s. She’s a wonderful concertina player.