Leeds CCE?

Leeds CCE?

Is anyone here a member? I’ve checked out their website and there seems to be a lot of out of date info and broken links.

I am thinking of joining (I dropped my membership when I moved from Philadelphia to Leeds 5 years ago). How welcoming are they to new members? Do they have a slow session? (I haven’t seen a session listed in the database here.) Lessons for adults?

Posted by .

Re: Leeds CCE?

Hi Andee I can fully recommend joining the leeds branch, they are very welcoming and a great crowd, they have lessons every tuesday eve, not sure on time it’s on their web site, and sessions are the first saturday of every month 9pm till late!!! and by the way am from liverpool, so i don ‘t even live in leeds, but you should get yourself down there.

Thanks for that andythebox. Any idea if the Saturday night session is accommadating (I can never spell that word!) to less than stellar players?

Posted by .

The word I really meant to use was tolerant. And have you ever seen anyone bring a harp to that session?

Posted by .

yes they seem pretty relaxed, if you know the tunes jump in, if not up to the bar for an excellent pint of the black they serve, it’s a no brainer, am sure a harp would be fine, they do have an fantastic harp player, more the merrier, pop along one saturday session and you will get an idea of the set up, and have a chat to them, they are very friendly.

OK, thanks andythebox!

Posted by .

Thanks for that ceolachan. 🙂

Posted by .

While we’ve yet to have the pleasure, I’ve only ever heard good things about the Leeds branch, and that stretching back many years… They have a reputation, a good one.

Oops! I was wrong, going way back, I have had the pleasure, many times, but when members were over visiting Ireland ~ good times, great craic…

Chemic Tavern is the place in Leeds