Barde - late 70’s group from canada

Barde - late 70’s group from canada

Hi,

I’m trying to find out if there is anyway I can buy music by a group called Barde from canada that released three albums in the late 70’s early 80s in particular thier first self titled album, I have looked everywhere to try and find a source and have turned up nothing - any info or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Barde - late 70’s group from canada

They were a great band. I saw them at the Wnnipeg Folk Festival in 1979 or 1980. Stack MUsic has a few Barde records listed on their wesite at http://www.musicstack.com/records-cds/barde.

Good luck

Allan

WEBSITE!

HI everyone,
I played fiddle and a few other instruments with Barde on the first and second albums.
In fact we are definitely going to release most of the tunes from our albums on iTunes really soon, probably in the next few months.
I’m happy to hear that people are still looking for the music which we so enjoyed creating.

Elliot

I have the first two albums; didn’t know there was a third. Great music.

albums 1 and 2 were better than the 3rd one. 3rd one sounded like the record company wanted them to have a more "commercial sound". The first 2 albums were pretty darn good though

Hi Elliot,

Thanks for the update re itunes, what started me looking again was seeing The Battle of Aughrim on the Australian itunes store the other day (now I’m a very proud owner of the digital single), I grew up listening to my Dad’s copy of your first album - great stuff, please keep us posted when we get the rest !

Thanks

Check out Barde’s web site (below), especially the review by Garnet Rogers and recent information about the availability of their first two albums on iTunes and Amazon MP3.

http://www.barde.ca/

Glad to hear Barde might come out on iTunes! Always thought they missed the Celtic "wave" by a few years. I bought the album off E-Bay then converted it to an audio CD.
Cheers