Noel Kenny

Noel Kenny

has anyone got any info on whether Noel has been on any recordings. I saw him on youtbe recently from apan.

Re: Noel Kenny

I seem to remember him appearing as a guest on a Mulligan label LP in the late 70s, I would think. May have been "Doublin’" - but I’d need to check. "Castlekelly" comes to mind. He was described as a "fiery concertina player". I’m fairly sure he was also a member of a group called "Columba", based in Dublin, probably around the early 1980s. I have a recording of the band playing "Colonel Fraser" and also "The Gold Ring" from an appearance they made on an RTE music programme, most likely "Ceili House". This was in the days when I used to record music from RTE by sticking a cassette recorder next to a radio !

Posted by .

Noel Kenny was in a band called Blasket Sound in the mid-1980s. It released at least one album, but see here - http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=103613.

Kenny, he does indeed play on ‘Doublin”, but that was a Tara LP.

Prof. P may know more about his current whereabouts.

In 2009 I put info on a CD on The Session . Lan Dochais , from the Mayo Roscommon Hospice trust. Noel is playing on that with some friends. Nice CD

For the youtube video from Japan, just search under Nollag, that’s what they call him.

Any update info on Noel would be welcome

I made contaact and he was living in Mayo and still playing