Winter Park International Session

Winter Park International Session

Last week I took a college party skiing in Winter Park, Colorado but this was just an excuse so that I could attend a session at the hotel in Winter Park with Zina and her pals fron Denver. Enough to say that it was huge fun …they are all really good players …and that without this site it would never have happened. So not so much of a discussion thread as a thank you to Jeremy …and everyone who was there of course.
Thanks for coming guys..it made a great trip (the skiing was terrific too) even more special.

Re: Winter Park International Session

He’s not saying, of course, about what a nice man we all think he is, and what a great player. we’re keeping our fingers crossed for next year. πŸ™‚ And of course thanks to Jeremy!

Next year, Geoff, perhaps you and the students should do more than one resort — a lot of them are owned by the same company, and perhaps we could find you a good rate on skiing all of them. (Though of course I know quite a few people who never ever leave Winter Park and Mary Jane.)

Geoff, thanks for giving us an excuse to wander into the mountains. I had a blast playing and listening to tunes and songs. (making this the third round of praise and thanks to Jeremy for the site)

Zina, thanks for the organizing, driving and teaching the Luddites about cell phone dialing and use.

One request for next year, let’s find a room away from the classic rock blasting from the bar. WHAT? woo hoo play free bird again!

Glad to hear yet another thesession session got off the ground and took flight. Sounds like great fun. But next year, Geoff, come up to Montana. The airfare’s a bit more, but more than offset by cheaper lift ticket prices. And tow of our local ski hills have been known to pay for an afternoon of jigs and reels at the lodge (no rock band in sight).
πŸ™‚

Posted .

Don’t you dare! LOL Geoff’s ours! All ours! *smirk*

In Montana, the powder is so light and dry they call it the ‘cold smoke.’ Lift tickets at my local hill are $19 USD on weekdays, $26 on weekends. Oh, and the elevation isn’t as extreme as Colorado, so it’s easier to adapt to—less risk of headaches, nausea, etc.
*grin*
Naw…Geoff can come back to Colorado - maybe a bunch of us should plan a ski-and-session holiday for next year.

Posted .

Oooo, wouldn’t that be fun?

P.s.

Yes, "hill" is the operative word there, by the way… πŸ™‚

Did I mention no lift lines?

(Zina, dahling, ‘hills’ are what they ski on back East. Our main lift tops out on the continental divide, and all five lifts serve a more than respectable 1,600 acres of skiable terrain. Lots of chutes, tree glades, and 45 percent of the runs are black diamond or harder. :-p )

Posted .

Thanks for the invite Will but we are almost certainly going back to Winter Park next year if we can organise it. I would love to get back to Montana sometime (I passed through in 1978 on my way to the Edmonton Commonwealth Games …watching not taking part!). Oddly enough the vertical drop in Killington and Stowe in Vermont is only slightly less than in Winter Park so you still get a lot of skiing but you do miss out on the views in comparison as you seldom get above the trees.

As regards more than one resort Zina it’s not really practical in terms of continuity of tuition for the students and there is enough skiing for a whole week at Winter Park. We didn’t get to do the steeps on Vasquez so we still have those to look forward to (I’m talking a good game here).

I’ll see what I can do about a different room next year Mike …or we could just say what the heck and join in with whatever’s on the CD player in the bar!

Thanks again guys, especially for the kind comments (money’s in the post)!

I’m off to practice Bunker Hill